How I wish such a machine truly existed! In the meantime here’s a post from Health and Beauty Care on how to deal with split ends.
There are lots of reasons that cause of split ends occur.Split ends happen when the protective cuticle has been stripped away from the ends of hair fibers. Some causes of split ends might include but are not limited to:
- Excessive use of hot styling tools (irons, hot curlers, blow dryers, hot combs).
- Overuse of chemical treatments (relaxers, perms, hair color).
- Use of inferior styling tools that rip or snag hair.
- Environmental damage from heat, cold, wind and other climate issues.
- Lack of routine maintenance such as regular trimming.
- Improper detangling techniques.
- Over washing.
- Use of inferior hair care products.
- Excessive use of styling products such as gels, waxes and sprays.
- Trimming ends with inferior or dull scissors.
Split Ends DIY/home-made remedies
1-Take half of a ripe papaya of medium size.Peel and cut it in to slices.Then blend it an make fine pulp. Add half cup of yogurt and apply lavishly to your scalp. Part your hair at regular intervals and apply to hair strands and hair ends. Leave it on for 30 mintues. Rinse hair thoroughly with luke warm water.2-Take half cup milk,and a tablespoon of cream mix them and Beat it up. Apply on the scalp, hair strands and hair ends. Leave it on for 15 mintues. Rinse and wash well with water.3-Take half a cup of lentil,one table spoon of fenugreek seeds and mix them and dry grind to a coarse powder. Add half a cup of curd. mix well. Apply generously all over the scalp. Leave it for 2 hours. Wash your hair with water using a mild shampoo.4-Almost everybody has a jar of mayonnaise in their refrigerator. But we doubt you keep it in their for a hair care remedy. However, we found mayo to be a fairly effective home remedy for split ends. It’s certainly not the cleanest conditioner, but if used regularly, it can increase the strength and health of your hair.5-Mix well 1 teaspoon of castor oil, mustard oil and olive oil. Massage the scalp for atleast 30mins and apply it to the full length of hair. Cover the head with a hot towel later.6-Hair moisturizing mask made of mashed up avocado when applied to damp hair will prevent split ends effectively. Make sure you leave it on your hair for atleast 15-30 minutes. You can also add hot olive oil to it.
Source: Health and Beauty Care
Did you try any of these remedies? Let us know how they worked for you!