The internet is a huge and massive animal. Knowing how to navigate it can be difficult. On the right hand side of what you are reading, is a short list of great blogs and websites about natural hair.
Going Natural and Nappturality are both websites in the more regular sense. It can be a little discouraging to find that sites like these have a number of restrictions and member only areas. However, I have still learned a lot from both these sites.
Long Hair Care Forum is more of a community forum in that members can post and comment. LHCF is just about healthy hair practices, so you will find information for all hair types. It can take a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy to navigate.
It took me about a year before I discovered the natural hair blog community. What a revelation????
I am going to try and break some of them down for you here:
- Blogs are different from forums or websites in that it is usually someone’s personal journey or experience that is being shared.
- Zedhair is a blog too, mainly written by me (Masuka M), but with contributions from others, some of whom are regular and some who aren’t.
- Some blogs are strictly about hair, others go into general health and beauty issues.
- Some blogs review products or carry a lot of advertising and others don’t.
- Some blogs network and have links to hair salons that specialise in natural hair and others help to arrange meetings or get-togethers for the natural hair community.
- Some blogs like this one, are targeted at a very specific group of people or geographic region and others are general.