First published October 2012
A while back we blogged about the classic egg conditioning treatment. Almost every diy protein treatment contains egg, which is great because eggs contain protein and with the right ingredients you can have a moisturizing protein treatment.
- Add 1 egg into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg and then add 1 tsp. of olive oil and vinegar.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair.
- Allow it to set for 10 to 15 minutes, and rinse the treatment from your hair.
- Apply shampoo to your hair as usual.
Coconut Protein Treatment
- Combine 2 eggs, 3 tbsp. coconut milk, 2 tbsp. honey, 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix the ingredients with a fork until blended well.
- Wet your hair with warm water. Apply the mixture directly to your hair, taking the time to massage it into your roots.
- Allow the coconut protein mixture to set for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the hair treatment out thoroughly, and shampoo your hair as usual. Avoid using blow dryers or other heat styling equipment to protect your hair.
Pingback: Dear ZedHair, Is wearing a wig bad for my hair? | ZedHair·