This post is all about the steps you need to follow in order to join me in the Maximum Hydration Method challenge
As mentioned before in the introductory post, this method is not for the lazy naturalista. If you absolutely hate shrinkage, then this is also not for you.
So what is actually involved in joining the MHM Challenge?
- You will need to check your supplies and go shopping
- You will need to set aside time to wash your hair daily for seven days. It’s only one week. The MHM doesn’t require you to wash your hair daily forever, just for a week. This is because after a week, you should have be on your way to achieving maximum hydration and can move onto maintenance of washing every 2-3 days and then later every 5-7.
- Step Zero is the Cherry Lola Treatment, which is done on the first day ONLY. Thereafter, you continue with the 5 steps on the other days.
- You can either split your regimen into night and day or do everything at once. The reason I am starting on a Saturday is so that I can get a hang of the steps by Monday morning in order to get it done faster before work.
- Some key things from what I have read are the need to do all this on soaking wet hair. No drying in between steps.
I will quote here directly from the website about why sticking to the regimen is important:
“The way this regimen works, is the more often (and more accurately) you do it, the faster you get results.”
- Step 0 – Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment
- Step 1 – Clarify – Baking Soda/Apple Cider Vinegar (B.S/ACV)
- Step 2 – Co-wash and Detangle (steam or deep condition)
- Step 3 – Clay rinse
- Step 4 – Leave-in
- Step 5 – Botanical gel
You will need all of the following items:
- Avocado (very ripe)
- Banana (very ripe)
- Tresemme Naturals Conditioner (or any other silicone-free conditioner with a creamy base)
- Flaxseeds (for flaxseed gel)
- Shea butter (for flaxseed gel)
- Bentonite Clay
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Essential oil (for flaxseed gel)
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Greek yoghurt
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Mixing bowls
- Bottle or jar for mixing clay rinse
Follow us on Facebook and also follow @masukamutenda and @ZedHairDotCom on Twitter to keep up with the conversation. Hashtag is #MHM
The first day the Cherry Lola Treatment REPLACES the Clarifying step! Please don’t use both!